The following instructions will help you transfer the EasyWorship database from one computer to another.
Before starting this process , you will need a USB flash drive or external hard drive (in the steps below, we will call this your backup drive).
Backup the EasyWorship 2007 or 2009 database (old computer)
- Connect your backup drive to the computer.
- Open EasyWorship 2007/2009 on the old computer.
- Click on the Profiles menu, then Profile Manager.
- Highlight the profile you wish to back up and click ‘Edit the selected application profile‘ at the bottom.
- Click in the field under ‘Use an existing application data instance‘, and use the right arrow key onyour keyboard to move the cursor to the end of the field.
- Write down the path shown there including the name of the folder at the end of that path. (The typical location is C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Softouch\EasyWorship\Default)
- Close the Profile Manager and close EasyWorship.
- Open the Windows File Explorer, or click on the Windows start button, then ‘Computer‘.
- Browse to the location in the path you wrote down in step 5.
The typical location is C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Softouch\EasyWorship\Default
- Select all (Ctrl+A) folders in that window. (Should be Databases, Options, Resources)
- Right click on any of the selected folders. Choose ‘Send to‘ from the pop-out menu and select the backup drive you connected in step 1.
- When the folders are all transferred, disconnect the drive from the computer.
Restore to EasyWorship 6 (new computer)
- Connect your backup drive to the computer. (This will be the same backup drive you used on the ‘old computer’ from the Backup steps above.)
- Close all other programs and windows before starting.
- Open the Windows File Explorer, or click on the Windows start button, then ‘Computer‘ and browse to your backup drive.
- Highlight all folders you backed up from ‘old computer’ (should be Databases, Options, Resources) then press Ctrl+C on your keyboard or right click on any one and click Copy.
- In the Windows File Explorer, browse to C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Softouch\EasyWorship\Default
- Rename all folders in that window by adding ‘old’ after the folder name (Resourcesold, v6.1old, Databasesold, …)
- Click in a blank area in that same window and press Ctrl+V on your keyboard or right click in a blank area and click Paste.
- When the folders are all transferred, open EasyWorship 6 and click the box to Convert Data.